Friday, October 7

Halloween spring card

I've been wanting to do a spring card for a while but the truth is I thought they were going to be difficult.  Well turns out I was wrong...and right.

Ok, mostly wrong.  The template was easy.  Cut it out, score a few lines and voila, I had the base for my spring card.  

However, I can't get the darn thing to stay up.  Did I make the front too heavy? Did I not use a strong enough card stock? (I used patterned paper for the base of the card.)  How can I correct this?  The saga continues until I find the answers.

Anywhoo...here is my first spring card.





I couldn't find any flowers that I really like for this card so I made my own.  One day, I'll have to learn to make those fussy and fancy flowers but until then, these will do.  I flipped up the ends of the flowers to give them more depth.

Ingredients: Card stock (Recollections); patterned paper (DCWV); Stamps (House Mouse); Ribbon (Recollections); jewels (Mark Richards); adhesive (Xyron, Elmer's craft bond); Ribbon; Pencils (Prismas); Punches (The Paper Studio)


Challenges:
Fab N Funky Challenge #93: Die cut or punches
Creative Craft World: Halloween
Charisma Cardz Challenge #40: Black and Orange




Until next time...
name1

8 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Christa, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and pretty details. Thanks for joining in with my colour combo challenge over at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

Choccy said...

Such a beautiful creation. I love the flowers that you made yourself they are stunning.
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World. For our 'Halloween' challenge.
Hope to see you back on 16th :O)

Choccy x

Anne-Marie said...

The card is amazing. Love your image and papers.

Thanks for joining us at FnF.

Anne-Marie x x

MiniOwner said...

A super spooky card! Thanks for joining in with us at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

Allison said...

what a fab card
thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Gem said...

a fabulous black and orange creation! thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at Charisma! :) Gemma x

susibee said...

An unusual card. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Craft World challenge.

Leah l'Orange said...

how CUTE! i love the image (house mouse is perfect for their halloween critters!) and what a great sentiment! thanks for sharing your fun little creation with the Charisma Galz! xo